Download the full trip brochure
- Visit delightful St.-Paul-de-Vence, a medieval village that became an artists’ retreat in the 1920s
- Discover the Etruscan civilization and explore the historic port of Piombino
- Tour the National Archaeological Museum of Naples’s fascinating collection of mosaics
- Explore the ruins of Ostia Antica, the once bustling seaport of ancient Rome
- Learn about the life and music of the famous opera composer Puccini
SpeakersGrant Moss, Smith senior lecturer in music and college organist; Aron Rodrigue, Charles Taylor Professor of Jewish History and Culture at Stanford University.
- Duration: 8 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active; All participants should be in good health, physically fit and capable of walking over rough terrain without assistance. Daily programs involve walking one to three miles, such as through archaeological sites, from coach drop-off points, in museums, and on city tours—sometimes on uneven terrain, including dirt and cobblestoned paths. Stairs may not have handrails, and buildings may not have elevators.
- Cost: From $9,695 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: From $3,859 per person
- Deposit: $1,500 per person, payable to Ponant Cultural Cruises & Expeditions
- Co-Sponsors: Stanford Alumni Travel
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.