Join this exclusive 15-day tour through the Iberian Peninsula with a small group of travelers, visiting the medieval monasteries, historic fortresses and stately palaces of Spain and Portugal. Start in Lisbon with stops at the Jeronimos Monastery, Belem Tower, Monument to the Discoveries and the National Palace of Queluz. Travel through the rolling hills of the Alentego district to arrive in Evora, where you’ll experience the charms of this university town and UNESCO World Heritage site. Further exploration leads to Seville, the romantic city that inspired the operas of Carmen and Don Giovanni, followed by excursions to Carmona, Cordoba and Granada, the latter of which is set in the breathtaking foothills of the Sierra Nevada and is home to the Alhambra palace. End your journey in the beguiling, energetic city of Madrid. Throughout the trip enjoy ample opportunities to explore at your leisure.
Download the full trip brochure
- Stop for lunch in the medieval hilltop town of Monsaraz in Portugal, where you can stroll the narrow streets and enjoy spectacular views
- Visit the Roman ruins in the Spanish border town of Merida, once the capital of ancient Lusitania
- See some of Spain’s most important monuments in the Old Quarter of Cordoba
- Explore Ronda, one of Spain’s oldest and most aristocratic towns
- Discover Madrid’s Royal Palace, which boasts 2,800 rooms
Smith Faculty SpeakerJulio Alves, director of the Jacobson Center for Writing, Teaching and Learning
- Duration: 15 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active, with a fair amount of walking on varying terrains
- Cost: From $4,878 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $995 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited, Inc.
- On-tour Air: Round-trip air is included from Boston or New York; prices for other departures are available
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure.
- Optional Extensions: An optional four-day extension to Barcelona is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.