This wide-ranging tour of Italy showcases ancient sites, contemporary life, priceless art, and its beautiful natural scenery. Journey from the breathtaking Amalfi Coast to eternal Rome, through the gentle Umbrian and Tuscan countryside and finally, treasured Venice. We begin this 16-day adventure in stunning seaside Amalfi for three nights. Take a cruise from your hotel to Amalfi center, visit Pompeii’s intriguing ruins, and take a breathtaking drive along the coast up to Montecassino for a tour of the hilltop Abbey, rebuilt after being destroyed during World War II. Continue on to Rome, the Eternal City, for visits to all the essential sights: the Colosseum, the Forum, St. Peter’s Square and the Sistine Chapel. Spend the next three nights exploring Italy’s “green heart”, pastoral Umbria. Then, discover Assisi, St. Francis’ burial place, and stroll through the fountain-splashed piazzas. Alluring Tuscany is next, where you will tour walled Siena with its extraordinary Duomo and public square; the Renaissance’s living monument of Florence; and the classic hill town of San Gimignano. Savor regional vino at a local winery tasting, before concluding your Italian sojourn in wondrous Venice. A guided walking tour leads you through vast St. Mark’s Square and its surroundings. Revel in the art and culture of Venice for three additional days with an optional post-tour extension. Enroll early—this air-inclusive journey is limited to just 24 travelers!
Download the full trip brochure
- Explore the incredible history of Rome and discover the intriguing sites of the city
- Savor an exquisite cooking demonstration in Orvieto and explore Parco delle Grotte, a labyrinth of underground caves used since Etruscan times
- Tour the quintessential spots in Venice, including St. Mark’s Square
- Opt to extend your stay in Venice—the beautiful city of canals, gondolas and artisanal blown glass
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 16 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $4,574 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,095 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited, Inc.
- On-tour Air: Round-trip airfare is included from Boston or New York; prices for other departure are available
- Co-Sponsors: Williams College
- Optional Extensions: An optional three-day post-tour extension to Venice is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.