Spend a week embedded in the magic of Prague exploring the famous as well as out-of–the-way charms of this historic city with its countless spires, stone bridges and looming towers. Prague’s unparalleled artistic and musical heritage make it a must-see cultural capital. In this custom Smith itinerary, enjoy fascinating walking tours to learn about the castle district, the Jewish ghetto and the city’s Cold War history, while also discovering the city’s impressive theaters and music scene, much of which was influenced by Jewish artists that kept active despite Nazi oppression. Take daylong excursions to Terezín, a former 18th-century Austrian fortress that later became a concentration camp, and to Benešov, where you’ll explore the Konopištê Castle, the summer residence of Archduke Ferdinand. Also enjoy plenty of leisure time to wander, explore and amble through this inspiring city.
Download the full trip brochure
- Delight in accommodations at the Grand Hotel Bohemia, a five-star hotel in the city center
- Savor an elegant dinner at Francouzská Restaurant, claimed to be the most beautiful Art Nouveau restaurant in the world
- Explore the St. Vitus Cathedral, the Old Royal Palace and St. George’s Basilica
- Trace the history of Prague’s Jewish population on a guided walking tour, with stops at key monuments and civic spaces
- Experience a private backstage tour of the Stavovské Theater and hear a concert played by members of the orchestra
Smith Faculty SpeakerJustin Cammy, associate professor of Jewish studies and comparative literature
- Duration: 7 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active, with a fair amount of walking on varying uneven terrains
- Cost: $3,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $895 per person
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to International Seminar Design, Inc.
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.