Cruise with us for seven nights from Rome to Barcelona aboard the exclusively chartered, small ship M.Y. Variety Voyager, featuring only 36 all ocean-view cabins. Enjoy the sun-drenched landscapes and lush, mountainous backdrops of the French and Italian rivieras and islands, a glamorous retreat for artists, writers, nobility and gourmands. This unique, comprehensive itinerary immerses you in the region’s dynamic history, inimitable art and culture and stunning scenery, and features up to five UNESCO World Heritage sites, including Carcassonne’s medieval fortifications and the postcard cliffside villages of Italy’s Cinque Terre. Explore Corsica’s fortified town of Bonifacio and Sardinia’s dazzling Costa Smeralda. Choose between the Renaissance treasures of Florence or the Tuscan cities of Pisa and Lucca. Along the enchanting Côte d’Azur, enjoy specially arranged excursions in Monaco, the epitome of Riviera chic and home of St. Nicholas Cathedral, where Princess Grace is interred; historic Marseilles, to walk along the vibrant Vieux Port; and charming Nice. Rome pre-cruise and Barcelona post-cruise options are also available.
Download the full trip brochure
- Cruise the Tyrrhenian, Ligurian and Mediterranean Seas
- Choose between a full-day excursion to Florence, a UNESCO World Heritage site, featuring the octagonal Baptistery and a visit to the Accademia, or a full‑day excursion to the Tuscan cities of Pisa, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and Lucca
- Travel to the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Cinque Terre to visit the charming cliffside villages of Riomaggiore and Vernazza
- Spend an evening at leisure in the picturesque Italian Riviera village of Portofino
- Take a walking tour of Aix-en-Provence, featuring the Mazarin District, old Aix, the Old Town Hall, the famous Cours Mirabeau and St. Sauveur Cathedral
- Enjoy a trip to Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage site, with visits to the Musée des Beaux Arts and Romanesque Abbey of Fontfroide
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 10 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active; Many of the cities and towns being visited were founded centuries ago, and the terrain is rugged. Therefore, a fair amount of walking along narrow cobblestone streets, stone floors or uneven and/or slippery terrain and climbing several flights of stairs (some without railings) is to be expected. Walking excursions often cover distances of at least one mile/1.6 km and are approximately three hours in length.
- Cost: From approximately $6,195 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: From $3,800 per person; Limited availability
- Deposit: $800 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
- Co-Sponsors: Harvard, National Trust for Historic Preservation, Yale
- Optional Extensions: A two-night pre-tour extension to Rome and a two-night post-tour extension to Barcelona are available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.