See Rome as you never imagined, delving deep into the city’s history while uncovering fascinating facts about this anchor of civilization and its far-reaching impacts on art, architecture and culture. Enjoy the company of Smith Professor Craig Felton, who specializes in Italian art and will share his expertise during tours of such iconic landmarks as the Pantheon, the Piazza Navona, the Forum, Colosseum and St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museums. Explore breathtaking works from Caravaggio and Raphael, as well as treasures at churches and exciting galleries off the typical tourist trail. During this art extravaganza, you will also enjoy exquisite meals that are artful masterpieces in themselves.
Download the full trip brochure
- Lunch privately at Villa Habsburg inside the ancient Aurelian Walls
- Visit the painting and sculpture collection at the Galleria Borghese
- Enjoy stops at the Church of Sant’Andrea della Valle and the Church of Santa Maria in Vallicella, featuring stunning interiors and artworks
- Wander through the Palazzo Barberi, which houses large paintings by Brusasorci and Farinati
Smith Faculty SpeakerCraig Felton, Ph.D., professor of art
- Duration: 9 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active. This trip involves full days of sightseeing and significant amounts of daily walking. You should be in good physical condition to enjoy the tour to the fullest.
- Cost: $5,950 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,400 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $750 per person payable to Smith College
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure.
- Optional Extensions: Independent extensions can be arranged directly with SpecialTours
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.