Enjoy life under sail aboard the exclusively chartered 64-passenger motor yacht Le Ponant. Cruise the southern Caribbean, from Fort-de-France, Martinique, to smaller, remote ports that are inaccessible to larger ships. Visit Martinique’s Balata Gardens, which showcase 3,000 varieties of tropical plants and flowers. Also see the mountainous island of Bequia on the Grenadines; Tobago Cays Marine Park, an archipelago of five pristine, uninhabited islands replete with coral reef complexes; and the Gros and Petit Pitons, St Lucia’s twin volcanic spires, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Venture on to Grenada, one of the world’s largest producers of nutmeg and mace, followed by St. Vincent, with its historic capital of Kingstown. End in Dominica, an island rife with geothermal activity and lush rainforests.
Download the full trip brochure
- Enjoy luxury cruising with ocean-view staterooms and a viewing platform to observe marine life
- Visit Bequia’s Old Hegg Turtle Sanctuary, which raises and releases hawksbill sea turtles
- Swim and snorkel among colorful sponges, conchs and reef fish
- Stop at the settlement of Layou on St. Vincent, with ancient houses, stone churches and petroglyphs
Smith Faculty SpeakerGinetta E.B. Candelario, associate professor of sociology and Latin American and Latino/a studies
- Duration: 8 days
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Cost: From $4,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: From $4,300 per person
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.