Follow in the wake of the Vikings, beginning in Oslo, where you’ll tour a cluster of museums, including the Viking Ship Museum and Norwegian Folk Museum on the Bygdøy Peninsula, one of Norway’s oldest cultural landscapes. Cruise on the Sea Cloud II, an elegant sailing ship carrying only 94 passengers. Coast through the Skagerrak and Kattegat straits, which run between the southeast coast of Norway and the southwest coast of Sweden, arriving at Denmark’s Jutland Peninsula. Celebrate Midsummer, Scandinavia’s celebration of the summer solstice, with evening bonfires on the beautiful beaches of Skagen, Denmark. In Copenhagen, visit the National Museum of Denmark, go on a walking tour of the historic city center or view the sculptural treasures of the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek Museum and the Danish crown jewels at Rosenborg Castle.
Download the full trip brochure
- Set sail on the five-star Sea Cloud II, sister to the legendary Sea Cloud tall ship, which hosted world leaders in the 1930s and ’40s
- Venture into Aarhus, Denmark’s second-largest city and home to the 2,300-year-old Grauballe Man, the world’s best-preserved bog body
- Explore picturesque Drøbak, Norway, home to lovely art galleries
Smith Faculty SpeakerJames Lowenthal, professor of astronomy, and faculty from various co-sponsored institutions
- Duration: 8 days
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Cost: From $5,495 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: From $1,800 per person
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to Criterion Travel
- Optional Extensions: A two-night, pre-trip extension to Norway’s fjordlands, and a post-trip extension to Berlin on the high-speed ICE train are available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.