Share eight days with fellow alumnae just outside of Antequera’s historic architectural buildings in a sleek, modern parador (luxury hotel), Parador de Antequera, which offers an urban oasis surrounded by foliage on Spain’s dry southern plain. Venture a short distance to the 14th-century Alcazaba fortress and the megalithic dolmens (tombs) of Menga, some of Europe’s most striking prehistoric architecture. A scenic drive to Granada brings you to the Alhambra, a stunning Moorish fortress and palace complex. On the following day journey to Seville, Spain’s cultural heart, immortalized by the works of Mozart, Bizet and Rossini. Gain a broader perspective of the city on a walking tour to admire the canal, plaza, bridges and the dazzling Cathedral of Seville, the world’s largest Gothic building. Trips to Ronda and Córdoba round out your learning experience of both historic and contemporary Spain. This program offers no single supplement for solo travelers and is limited to only 28 travelers!
Download the full trip brochure
- Immerse yourself in the charm of Antequera, an off-the-beaten-path gem known for its religious architecture and beautiful natural setting
- Marvel at the breathtaking view of El Tajo Gorge in Ronda and learn about the tradition of bullfighting at Spain’s oldest bullring
- Delight in the contrasts between the charming medieval lanes and the grand architecture of the cathedral in Seville
- Sit with a glass of wine and take in the gorgeous scenery of the vineyard at Finca Los Frutales organic winery
- Explore La Mezquita, Córdoba’s great mosque complex containing examples of Moorish architecture
Smith Faculty SpeakerReyes Lazaro, associate professor of Spanish
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 8 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active. All participants should be in good health. Daily programs could involve 2-3 miles of walking, including city streets and historic neighborhoods where footpaths may be cobblestoned and uneven.
- Cost: $2,795 per person. Save $250 per person when booked by November 6, 2018
- Single Supplement: Waived. Limited availability
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to AHI Travel
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.