Nestled in the verdant, picturesque hills of southern Umbria, at the very heart of Italy, Spoleto is unique among Italian hill towns, with one foot in a glorious past and another firmly planted in the contemporary. Spend a week with Prof. Alfonso Procaccini, Smith professor of Italian Language and Literature, soaking up the unique dolce vita of the Italian countryside while meandering through gorgeous old towns and graceful landscapes straight out of a Renaissance painting. Discover the secrets of famous Umbrian cities like Perugia, Orvieto, and Assisi, while paying special attention to enchanting out-of-the-way villages like Montefalco, Spello, and Città della Pieve. Visit artist studios and artisans in their workshops, including the remarkable village-turned-atelier of Italy’s most renowned cashmere producer. Two charming private family homes are specially opened for us, including a remote farmhouse with stunning panoramic views, with our hostesses personally preparing delicious meals using local produce. Fine food and wine (including a rustic lunch at Umbria’s best organic winery) are a constant staple of the program, and comfortable four-star lodgings at the lovely Hotel San Luca complete this masterpiece of a program.
Download the full trip brochure
- Enter delightful private homes as the personal guests of the owners, including a charming young family on their picturesque organic farm nestled in the mountains outside Spoleto
- Visit the design studio of one of Central Italy’s finest contemporary jewelry designers
- Come face to face with ethereal masterpieces by Renaissance luminaries hidden away in unexpected corners in Perugia, Orvieto, Montefalco, Spoleto, and Spello
Smith Faculty SpeakerAlfonso Procaccini, Professor of Italian Language and Literature
- Duration: 9 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $3,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $495 per person
- Deposit: $1000 per person, payable to International Seminar Design
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.