What could be better than an exclusive sojourn in Provence and the Burgundy and Beaujolais wine regions of France during springtime, the best time of year to visit? Cruise along the Rhône and Saône rivers aboard this deluxe small river ship. Enjoy a private wine tasting at the Château de Montmelas and a walking tour of Lyon, France’s gastronomique gateway. Dock in the heart of port towns and visit the wonderfully preserved Roman amphitheater in Arles, the medieval Papal Palace of Avignon, the Roman city of Orange and the legendary Hôtel-Dieu in Beaune. Elect the pre-cruise option, featuring cosmopolitan Geneva in Switzerland and the beautiful town of Chamonix, France, at the base of spectacular Mont Blanc. Join the post-cruise Palette of Provence option, which immerses you in the vibrant culture of the quintessential Provençal region.
Download the full trip brochure
- Experience six UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Take part in a private, specially arranged tour of the medieval Château de Rully in the Burgundy vineyards, hosted by the ancestral owner of the estate, Count de Ternay.
- Listen to an exclusive fortepiano concert hosted by Madame d’Harcourt in her personal residence, the Château de Montmelas.
- Visit the twin towns of Tournon-sur-Rhône and Tain-l’Hermitage, the birthplace of the Syrah (Shiraz) grape variety.
- Admire 15th-century French architecture while visiting the town of Beaune, known for its Burgundy wines.
Smith Faculty SpeakerRick Fantasia, Barbara Richmond 1940 Professor in the Social Sciences and Professor of Sociology
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 9 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From approximately $3,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: To be confirmed.
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
- Optional Extensions: A three-night pre-tour extension to Geneva and the French Alps, and a two-night post-tour extension to Provence are available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.