The Swiss Alps and the Italian Lakes District offer striking contrasts: both have inspired travelers for centuries with towering mountain peaks and charming lakeside towns. Settle in the jet-set resort of St. Moritz, travel by rail to the delightful village of Zuoz and take a ride on the renowned Bernina Express for a scenic journey to Tirano. Wind your way through the stunning Maloja Pass and embark on a leisurely cruise of Lake Como, landing in the picturesque town of Stresa, situated on Lake Maggiore. The tour wouldn’t be complete without a visit to cosmopolitan Milan, where you’ll see Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper and visit the La Scala Museum. Local guides and speakers share their insights during included excursions and lectures. Enjoy first-class accommodations, an extensive meal plan and wine with dinner.
Download the full trip brochure
- Witness majestic scenery aboard the Bernina Express, the highest rail crossing in the Alps
- Bask in the Italian sun during lunch at a rooftop terrace restaurant overlooking Lake Como in Bellagio
- Discover the secrets of northern Italian cuisine during a cooking lesson at a family-owned restaurant
- Visit two UNESCO World Heritage sites: the Rhaetian Railway and the Church and Dominican Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 10 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $3,395 per person, based on double occupancy; reserve by March 13, 2018 to receive an early booking discount of $250 per person
- Single Supplement: $395 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to AHI
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.