Flowing through much of Eastern Europe, the Danube River is steeped in thousands of years of history and has served as a source of inspiration for musicians, artists, poets and travelers. Join this exclusive seven-night cruise aboard the deluxe Amadeus Silver II, with a carefully orchestrated itinerary that includes private classical music performances. Cruise the legendary Danube and enjoy specially arranged lectures and guided excursions in each port of call, including Prague, Passau, Linz, Salzburg, Melk, Dürnstein, Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest.
Download the full trip brochure
- Meander along the narrow streets of Prague’s Old Town and cross the famous Charles Bridge
- View the rolling hills of the Czech and German countryside before arriving in Passau, the only place on Earth where three rivers meet
- Admire splendid Baroque architecture in Salzburg and stroll through the lovely Mirabell Gardens
- Visit the impressive Vienna State Opera House and the lavish Hofburg Palace
Smith Faculty SpeakerMichael Thurston, professor of English language and literature
- Duration: 7 nights
- Activity Level: Moderately active. Many of the cities and towns being visited were founded centuries ago, and the terrain is rugged. Therefore, a fair amount of walking along narrow cobblestone streets, stone floors or uneven and/or slippery terrain and climbing several flights of stairs (some without railings) is to be expected. Walking excursion often cover distances of at least one mile/1.6 km and are approximately three (3) hours in length.
- Cost: From $4,995 per person, based on double occupancy. *An early booking discount is in effect for reservations made by January 13, 2016.
- Single Supplement: From $5,800 per person (limited availability; select categories).
- Deposit: $800 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company.
- Co-Sponsors: Harvard, MIT, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Optional Extensions: A pre-program extension to Berlin and a post-program extension to Budapest are available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.