Experience an unforgettable, small-group journey into the heart of Tanzania, a peaceful, developing country that is home to the wildlife-rich Serengeti National Park. Spend three days immersed in the Serengeti’s untamed wilderness, watching the sun creep above the horizon, bathing the plains in a soft morning light as wildebeest make their annual migration. Explore the Olduvai Gorge—the oldest evidence of our human ancestors—en route to the lush Ngorongoro Crater, where you’ll find the highest concentration of wildlife in the world. Spend your last two days at Gibb’s Farm, an eco-friendly sanctuary set amid lush gardens.
Download the full trip brochure
- Meet members of the nomadic Maasai community and hear folktales from an elder
- Enjoy an exclusive night game drive and guided bush walks
- Learn from a local historian and storyteller from the Iraqw tribe
- Visit artists-in-residence
Smith Faculty SpeakerSteven Williams, Gates Professor of Biology
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 13 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active.
- Cost: $6,990 per person, based on double occupancy; *Please note: Tanzania Government VAT (Value Added Tax) was imposed after time of press. Tour price has increased by $265 per person.*
- Single Supplement: $700 per person
- Deposit: $700 per person, payable to Thomson Safaris
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.