Spend your days with lions, elephants and flamingos under the shadow of giant baobab trees, and sleep under the stars in eco-friendly yet elegant camps and lodges. A peaceful, developing nation, Tanzania is home to numerous World Heritage sites, including wildlife-rich Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater, the world’s largest caldera named one of the Seven Natural Wonders of Africa. Also explore the Olduvai Gorge, occupied by Homo habilis nearly 2 million years ago and recognized as the most important paleoanthropological site on earth. Hone your animal-spotting skills with the help of expert local guides, while viewing wildlife in reserves like the Eastern Serengeti Nature Refuge.
Download the full trip brochure
- Private access into the homes and businesses of rural and urban Tanzanian women
- World-famous sites, including Olduvai Gorge and Serengeti National Park
- Travel arrangements by Thomson Safaris, featured in list of “World’s Best Safari Outfitters for 2013” by Travel + Leisure
Smith Faculty SpeakerLeslie King, associate professor of Sociology and Environmental Science & Policy
- Duration: 12 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $6,490 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $700 per person
- Deposit: $700 per person, payable to Thomson Safaris
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.