On leaving Bangkok, we travel across Thailand’s beautiful countryside to Ayutthaya, its ancient capital (and a UNESCO World Heritage site). We continue through the jungle of Khao Yai where tigers, leopards, elephants and bears still roam in the wild. Along the way we will stop to sample some of Thailand’s finest wine in a beautiful 400 hectare vineyard nestled in one of the valleys.
As we journey into the Kingdom of Cambodia along the Ancient Khmer Highway, we will soon reach the majestic temples of Angkor, ornamented by the finest artisans of its time. Throughout our visit to Angkor, we will enjoy the company of Dr. Damian Evans, the Deputy Director of the Greater Angkor Project who will be our personal guide. On our last day we will venture into the mysterious flooded forest by private boat before celebrating our journey with a festive dinner at one of Siem Reap’s finest restaurants.
Download the full trip brochure
- Visit the private mansion of the Prasart Art Museum in Bangkok where admission is only granted to only a handful of visitors
- Enjoy cocktails at an exclusive after-hours tour of the famous Jim Thompson House
- Journey through Khao Yai, Thailand’s oldest park and considered to be one of the finest in the world
- Witness a sunrise at the lake temple of Srah Srang
- Learn about the restoration work firsthand from Dr. Damian Evans, one of the world’s leading experts on Angkor
SpeakersAndy Rotman, Professor of Religion, Buddhist Studies, and South Asian Studies; Janna White, Writer and Editor specializing in South Asian and Buddhist Works
View Speakers Profiles
- Duration: 10 days
- Activity Level: Moderately Active; light walking and hiking on uneven surfaces such as forest trails and gravel trails. Walking in the temple complex and around temples means that you will be standing/walking at times for 1-2 hours. Travelers must be able to get in and out of long tail boats (high stepping)
- Cost: $4,870 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $890 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to Authentic Asia
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.