Discover all that is French and fabulous in the Great Land of Inspiration—the magical region of Provence, where sun-drenched beaches and undulating hills tie the Mediterranean to the Alps. This Art of Living program provides an authentic, customizable three-week introduction to living abroad. Reside in your own apartment in beautiful Aix-en-Provence and immerse yourself in the region’s lifestyle, customs, art, history and cuisine. Mingle with locals and embark on exciting excursions, including tours of Arles, Les Baux-de-Provence, the Luberon Valley, Marseille and Avignon, as well as enjoying a visit to a French winery. In addition to the base program, select from three sets of activities geared toward your individual interests: language, cuisine, or art and architecture. With these options you get to customize your adventure: take French language classes, learn to cook regional culinary delights or visit additional museums and architectural gems. This journey includes an extensive meal program, furnished accommodations, a French cell phone and ample leisure time to pursue your individual interests.
Download the full trip brochure
- Stroll through the enchanting streets of Provence, savoring the sights, sounds, smells and architecture of the region.
- Discover the flavors of Provence with stops at local wine and cheese shops.
- Explore Arles and visit the Musée de l’Arles Antique.
- Enjoy panoramic views of Marseille from the Notre Dame de la Garde.
- Journey to Avignon and visit the impressive Palace of the Popes.
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be determined
- Duration: 23 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $3,995 per person, based on double occupancy if booked by April 12, 2016
- Single Supplement: From $1,295 per person
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to AHI Travel
- Co-Sponsors: Other institutions to be confirmed.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.