Nowhere in the world is the passion for horticulture expressed more vividly than in Britain, where gardens have served as inspiration for painters, writers, and poets for centuries. From great country estates to minuscule inner-city gardens, the British use their exceptionally long growing season to fullest advantage, and we’ve timed our visit accordingly.
This is your invitation to join Tim Johnson, Director of the Smith Botanic Garden, and Paula Deitz ’59, Editor, The Hudson Review, to visit and explore some of England’s most famous gardens at a time of year when color runs rampant. We’ll visit the Royal Horticultural Society’s flagship garden at Wisley and Hidcote Manor, explore the Georgian city of Bath, visit the magnificent Kew Gardens, and Royal schedules permitting, we’ll also take a private tour of Prince Charles’ estate at Highgrove.
Join us for this highly specialized adventure through London, the Cotswolds, and Windsor to explore the very best of English Gardens. Space is limited to 20 travelers!
Download the full trip brochure
- Enjoy exclusive “Members-only” access to the Chelsea Flower Show
- Learn about Smith College’s internship program at Kew Gardens
- Spend seven nights exploring London, the quintessential Cotswold landscape, and the charming town of Windsor
- Take a tour of HRH Prince Charles’ private estate, Highgrove (to be confirmed)
- Visit the RHS Flagship gardens of Wisley and Hidcote Manor
Smith Faculty SpeakerTim Johnson, director of the Botanic Garden of Smith College
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 7 days
- Activity Level: Active. All participants should be in good health. Daily programs could involve 2-3 miles of walking, including walking through gardens and city streets where footpaths may be uneven.
- Cost: $3,980 per person, based on double occupancy.
- Single Supplement: $1,190 per person. Limited availability.
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Discover Europe, Ltd.
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.