Join Smith Travel’s most thorough exploration yet of exotic Morocco, reaching beyond the Kingdom’s most famed attractions — including six of its World Heritage Sites — to also explore the hidden facets of the land, visit astounding locales of history and nature, and meet with locals in all walks of life. The itinerary reaches from mysterious Fes in the far North to the Sahara Desert in the deep South, crossing the majestic Atlas Mountains in between. Along the way you will wander through vibrant medinas, where scents of spices and leather waft along alleyways framed by centuries-old architecture; learn about the traditions of Morocco’s indigenous Berber tribesmen in the spectacular setting of the Mt. Toubkal National Park; hear insights from the curator of the unique Museum of Moroccan Judaism; explore ancient kasbahs well off tourism tracks.
Download the full trip brochure
- Discover the traditions of Morocco’s indigenous Berber peoples amid the spectacular setting of the Mt. Toubkal National Park
- Enjoy private lectures on post-Arab Spring political developments and Muslin-Jewish relationships in Morocco over the centuries
- Explore treasures untouched by mass tourism: the ruins of Africa’s “City of Gold” until the 14th century; a typical residential town with its 700-year old theological school; Barbary macaques amid the last forest of giant Mediterranean cedars
- Relax during a private home reception for a tasting top crûs at the country’s prime vineyard, and some of the finest cuisine Morocco has to offer
Smith Faculty SpeakerJanie Vanpée, Ph.D., professor of French Studies and Elizabeth Mugar Eveillard '69, Faculty Director of the Lewis Global Studies Center
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 12 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $4,575 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,488 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Cross Cultural Adventures
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.