Set sail on one of India’s holiest rivers aboard the Ganges Voyager, which embodies the grace and style of the British colonial era while incorporating modern conveniences and luxuries that rival Asia’s finest hotels. Experience the mystery, enchantment and beauty of India as you hear temple bells at sunrise and sunset and watch worshippers gather along the banks of the river. Cruise past rural farming communities, explore historic shrines and palaces honoring the Mughals, and visit the remnants of the British East India Company and ancient temples that dot the shore. Stops at 10 cities offer ample opportunities to admire art and architecture, including ancient villages and palaces in the legendary city of Lucknow. End in Varanasi, a pilgrimage destination, including a stop at Sarnath, where Buddha first preached.
Download the full trip brochure
- Meander through Kolkata to immerse yourself in the arts and culture of this bustling gateway to eastern India
- Visit Mother Teresa’s tomb and tour her home
- Stop at the enchanting Rajbari complex, featuring the highest concentration of temples in the region
- Wander through a shore bazaar in Matiari and visit the charming village of Khushbagh to observe rural life in India
SpeakersNalini Bhushan, professor of philosophy, Smith College; Glen Johnson, Shirley Ecker Boskey Professor Emeritus of Political Science and International Relations, Vassar College; Sipra Bose Johnson, associate professor emerita of anthropology, State University of New York at New Paltz; and Kristin Kelly, Bryn Mawr alumna and former manager of administration at the J. Paul Getty Museum
- Duration: 14 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $7,945 per person, based on double occupancy* *An early booking discount is in effect for reservations made by May 31, 2015!
- Single Supplement: $1,555 per person (limited to only two-berth categories)
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to Immersions Journeys
- Co-Sponsors: The Vassar Travel Program & Bryn Mawr Travel
- Optional Extensions: Five-night “Royal Rajasthan” tour available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.