Discover the stunning beauty and fascinating culture of South Africa, a diverse region poised on a beautiful coastline with breathtaking mountains and expansive plains. Begin your journey with a scenic drive to the Cape of Good Hope and see African penguins at Boulders Beach. Explore the highlights of Cape Town and see spectacular views from Table Mountain. Walk in the late Nelson Mandela’s footsteps on Robben Island. Next, board the Rovos Rail for a two-night deluxe train journey, then visit the Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg. Thrill to sightings of the Big Five and other exotic wildlife on game drives during your three-night luxury safari at Thornybush Game Reserve. Return to Johannesburg to tour Soweto, visit a local youth center and attend a tree-planting ceremony. Bring this exceptional program to a close in Zimbabwe by experiencing the power and majesty of thundering Victoria Falls, one of the seven Natural Wonders of the World. This adventure includes excursions, deluxe accommodations and an extensive meal plan.
Download the full trip brochure
- Learn about the diverse cultures and events that have shaped the country.
- Explore the Cape Peninsula and Cape Point Nature Reserve, flanked by the Twelve Apostles along the coastline.
- Take a guided tour of Cape Town’s highlights, including colonial buildings, beautiful gardens and a bustling waterfront.
- Experience unsurpassed service, sumptuous furnishings, panoramic views and fine dining on Rovos Rail.
Smith Faculty SpeakerLaura A. Katz, Elsie Damon Simonds Professor of Biological Sciences
- Duration: 16 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $6,995 per person, based on double occupancy if booked by May 3, 2016
- Single Supplement: From $2,895 per person
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to AHI Travel
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.