Download the full trip brochure
- Visit four UNESCO World Heritage sites: Valletta, the capital of Malta; Siracusa, a once-powerful threat to Athens; Delos, mythological birthplace of Apollo and Artemis; and Old Istanbul, replete with treasures above and below ground
- Discover the Nikopolis Museum, adjacent to an archaeological site, and the Acropolis Museum in Athens
- Marvel at Istanbul’s wealth of cultural treasures, among them the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, the Hagia Sofia basilica, the Hippodrome of Constantinople and the Basilica Cistern
- Explore the archaeological sites of Troy, dramatically immortalized by Homer in "The Iliad", and Delos, the mythological birthplace of Apollo and Artemis
SpeakersJ. Patrick Coby, Esther Booth Wiley Professor of Government at Smith College; Denis Feeney, Gigler Professor of Latin and professor of classics at Princeton; and Kirk Freudenburg, professor and department chair of classics at Yale.
- Duration: 13 days
- Activity Level: Active; All participants should be in good health, physically fit and capable of walking over rough terrain without assistance. Daily programs involve walking one to two miles, such as through archaeological sites, from coach drop-off points, in museums, and on city tours—sometimes on uneven terrain, including dirt and cobblestoned paths.
- Cost: From $8,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $4,500 per person
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to Criterion Travel
- Co-Sponsors: Princeton Journeys and Yale Educational Travel
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.