Tuscany’s rolling knolls and fertile valleys have attracted artists, writers and travelers for centuries. Explore the remarkable landscape and architecture during a seven-night journey through hilltop villages and bountiful vineyards. Unpack once and settle in to your Tuscan villa in Cortona, a village steeped in Etruscan and Roman history. Delight your senses with robust wines and nutty cheeses as you take in the vistas of the Val d’Orcia. Visit Montepulciano, brimming with beautiful Renaissance palaces and churches, and marvel at Siena’s Gothic structures and fascinating works of art in the city’s remarkable Duomo. Discover the treasures of Florence, including the Ponte Vecchio and the 14th-century Piazza della Signoria, and then immerse yourself in Etruscan history at the Praetorian Palace. Along the way, local guides and expert speakers share insights during included excursions and lectures. This small-group program includes first-class accommodations in a Tuscan villa and an extensive meal plan complemented by wine with dinner.
Download the full trip brochure
- Visit the Val d’Orcia, bursting with red poppies and vineyards
- Relish the unrivaled romantic ambience and history of Florence
- Roam Montepulciano’s Renaissance palazzi and ancient cobblestones
- Stroll the Piazza della Repubblica to join Cortona’s locals for "passeggiata", an evening social tradition in Italy
- Admire bygone relics at the Museum of the Etruscan Academy
Smith Faculty SpeakerLauren Duncan, professor of Psychology
- Duration: 9 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $2,995 per person, based on double occupancy; reserve by April 10, 2018, to receive an early booking discount of $250 per person.
- Single Supplement: $695 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to AHI Travel
- Optional Extensions: A two-day post-tour extension to Rome is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.