Discover the timeless pageantry and traditional folkways of Russia along the scenic rivers, lakes and canals that link St. Petersburg with Moscow. Cruise with fellow alumnae on this six-night voyage aboard the exclusively chartered, deluxe, 90-passenger Volga Dream during this carefully crafted itinerary. Also, enjoy three nights in a Five-Star hotel in St. Petersburg, tsar Peter the Great’s “window on the West,” featuring an early entrance guided tour of the State Hermitage Museum, and visits to Catherine Palace in Pushkin and Petrodvorets. Spend one night in the Five-Star Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel in Moscow. Between these two grand cultural capitals, explore the old-world heartland in 10th-century Uglich and medieval Yaroslavl, the 14th-century Kirillo Belozersky monastery near Goritsy and the open-air museum of Kizhi Island. Experience a traditional Russian tea ceremony in the home of a Svirstroy villager who will share more about the Russian way of life. This unique and popular program appeals to first-time visitors as well as those returning to see the astounding changes that have taken place in Russia’s two most important cities.
Download the full trip brochure
- Cruise from St. Petersburg to Moscow on Russia’s legendary waterways—the Neva River, Lake Ladoga, the Svir River, Lake Onega, Lake Beloye, the Sheksna River, Lake Rybinskoye and the Volga River
- Experience up to nine of Russia’s UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Enjoy tours of St. Petersburg’s 18th-century Peter and Paul Fortress and neoclassical St. Isaac’s Cathedral
- Take part in visits to the elaborate Peterhof Palace and Gardens and Catherine Palace in Pushkin.
- Explore the seldom-visited Russian gems of Kizhi Island and Yaroslavl, both UNESCO World Heritage sites
Smith Faculty SpeakerVera Shevzov, professor of Religion, Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 10 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $5,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: TBD
- Deposit: $800 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
- Co-Sponsors: Arizona State University, Arkansas State University, University of California-Berkeley, Columbia University, Duke University, Georgetown University, the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Texas A&M University, and University of Southern California
- Optional Extensions: An optional post-tour extension to Moscow is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.