This incredible 10-day journey introduces you to the remarkable Galápagos Islands, a nature lover’s dream destination and UNESCO World Heritage site, with a five-night cruise aboard the newly refitted, first-class small ship Santa Cruz II. This exploration vessel is fully equipped to make your Galápagos experience complete, from a fleet of Zodiacs and a glass-bottom boat to certified onboard naturalists and complimentary snorkeling gear. Visit six distinct islands to observe the exotic birds, animals and plants that inspired Charles Darwin, including species unknown anywhere else in the world. With few natural predators on the islands, the abundant wildlife innocently accepts up-close human company. You can snorkel alongside tropical penguins and playful sea lions and almost touch spiny backed iguanas. On mainland Ecuador, enjoy deluxe hotel accommodations in Quito, a UNESCO World Heritage site. See its colonial churches and straddle the Equator with one foot in either hemisphere.
Download the full trip brochure
- Enjoy this uniquely designed itinerary featuring Ecuador’s Andes and Galápagos Islands
- Start with three nights in Quito featuring a tour of the Old City, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Visit six of the Galápagos Islands visited by Charles Darwin
- Participate in small group walks led by expert naturalist guides
- Add a three-night pre-tour extension featuring one night in Quito and two nights in the deluxe, award-winning Mashpi Lodge in the heart of the biodiverse Ecuadorian rainforest
- Hear from naturalists who will share their in-depth insights and specialized expertise about the Galápagos’ distinctive ecosystem and wildlife on board, on shore and underwater
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 10 days
- Activity Level: Active
- Cost: From $5,495 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: From $5,000 per person
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
- Co-Sponsors: Various institutions
- Optional Extensions: A four-day pre-program extension to the Ecuadorian Rainforest and a seven-day post-tour program extension to Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley are available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.