Join us for this extraordinary nine-day odyssey showcasing a treasure trove of rare sites rich in epic histories and stunning archaeological finds along Turkey’s ancient Turquoise Coast. Cruise round trip from Athens, Greece, aboard the exclusively chartered, small ship M.Y. Variety Voyager, featuring only 36 ocean-view cabins. In the UNESCO World Heritage site of Pergamon, see the ruins of the library and theater that made the city a locus of scholarship and culture. Envision the lives of the Roman Empire’s most prominent citizens in the wonderfully preserved chambers of the often-overlooked Roman terrace houses of Ephesus. Visit the ancient maritime hub of Patara, where St. Paul stopped during his third mission. Learn more about the ancient Lycians at the rock carvings in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Xanthos-Letoon and the cliffside tombs in Myra. Explore the Byzantine basilica in Demre made famous by St. Nicholas, and take in panoramic views from the well-preserved Roman theater in Aspendos and the acropolis in Perge. An Athens pre-cruise option and Cappadocia/Istanbul post-cruise option are available.
Download the full trip brochure
- Enjoy a unique cruise round-trip from Athens, Greece, with port calls in Turkey at Dikili for Pergamon, Kuşadasi for Ephesus, Kalkan for Xanthos-Letoon and Patara, Antalya for Perge and Aspendos, Finike for Arykanda and Myra, Demre, Kekova and Bodrum
- Visit up to six UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the ancient Lycian city of Xanthos-Letoon and Patara, where the god Apollo reportedly spent his winters
- Take an excursion to Ephesus, the best-preserved Greco-Roman city in the world, including the restored Library of Celsus
- Visit Arykanda, the oldest and best-preserved Lycian archaeological site, dating from the second millennium B.C.
- Take a private cruise by an underwater-viewing boat over the astonishing sunken city in Kekova Bay
SpeakersFaculty from various co-sponsor institutions, including Harvard University and the National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Duration: 9 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $2,850 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: From $2,000 per person
- Deposit: $800 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
- Optional Extensions: A three-day pre-tour extension to Athens, and a three-day post-tour extension to Cappadocia and Istanbul
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.