Smith clubs around the world host a variety of events—receptions, book clubs, community service projects, museum visits—that offer opportunities to connect with the college, alumnae, faculty and students. Clubs also help the admissions office by organizing events for prospective and admitted students. To find out how to get involved with a club in your area, contact your local club president.
Club Volunteer Positions
Several positions in organization governance are filled by appointment and do not require confirmation by the organization. It is important for clubs to foster new leadership. One way to do that is to offer volunteers one-time responsibilities for specific events (such as establishing a phone tree to remind members of upcoming events), then later offer to appoint them to larger roles. Volunteer positions depend upon your club’s size and activity.
Young Alumnae Chair
- Designs programming that appeals to young alumnae and works to boost young alumnae membership.
- Acts as a liaison between young alumnae and the executive board.
- Works on the newsletter.
- Maintains the website and social media presence.
- Appoints two or three members to the nominating committee.
- Leads the search for new leaders and develops a slate.
- Tallies election results.