We are busy building the foundation for SAAC. Here are some accomplishments in 2008.
- Five Founding Members
- Established name of association – “Smith Asian Alumnae Connection”
- Vision for the organization was created.
Our commitment is to advance the mission of Smith College and the Alumnae Association by promoting interest in the priorities and activities of Smith and to encourage and foster engagement among all Smith alumnae who identify as Asian, as well as those who support Asian cultures and their communities. SAAC’s vision is to build a global community of Smith graduates, former students of Smith, and friends in order to provide opportunities for professional networking, mentoring relationships, and the recruitment of students in the US and abroad.
- Logo was created.
- www.smithaac.org website url was established.
- SAAC yahoo group established for founding members to share documents (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/smithaac)
- Participated in “Building Community” Women of Color Conference on March 7-9, 2008
- Participated in dessert reception for Smith graduates on May 18, 2008
- SAAC lapel pins purchased and distributed at dessert reception in May 2008
- Initial membership list sent to the Alumnae Association of Smith College in June 2008
- SAAC was promoted in Smith College E-News in June 2008
- Developed and distributed first e-newsletter in June 2008 to Asian alumnae
- Participated in Alumnae of Color Tea in DC on June 21, 2008