Download the full trip brochure
- Set out on a walking tour of Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter, where medieval Barcelona flourished; Stroll along La Rambla, the busy pedestrian boulevard; Visit Plaça St. Jaume, where civic leaders have run the city since Roman times
- Enjoy educational lectures on Antoni Gaudí and discuss how the eccentric Catalán architect shaped the city of Barcelona with his abstract structures and vibrantly colored tiles
- Hop on the Metro and visit the modernist, surreal Casa Batlló, a fascinating example of Gaudí’s art nouveau style, along Barcelona’s most stylish boulevard, Passeig de Gràcia
- Visit Montserrat, a ninth-century Benedictine monastery built near dramatic sandstone mountains. Continue to the Penedès wine region, which is best known for producing cava, a sparkling wine
- Follow in Pablo Picasso’s footsteps as you explore Barcelona, which greatly influenced the artist during his formative years—El Born; Santa Maria del Mar; La Boqueria Market
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 7 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $2,795, based on double occupancy, if booked by May 16, 2017
- Single Supplement: $695 per person
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to AHI Travel
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.