Spend a week in sophisticated Barcelona, the capital of Catalonia, and the jewel of Spain’s Mediterranean coast. Settle in and begin to explore this vibrant city with a small group of fellow travelers on a seven-night adventure. Barcelona’s unique creative spirit has propelled innovations in architecture, art, cuisine and more. Discover the Barri Gòtic, the city’s medieval quarter, and marvel at the whimsical genius of architect Anton Gaudí at La Sagrada Familía basilica. Learn how to make delicious Catalán cuisine during a hands-on cooking class. Explore the monastery of Montserrat and sample the Penedès region’s renowned cava wine. Tour the El Born district and view the impressive collection of artwork at the Picasso Museum. This innovative program includes fascinating excursions, educational programs and an extensive meal plan, plus wine with dinner. First-class accommodations are reserved in the heart of Barcelona, and there is plenty of free time to pursue your own interests.
Download the full trip brochure
- Set out on a walking tour of Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter, where medieval Barcelona flourished; Stroll along La Rambla, the busy pedestrian boulevard; Visit Plaça St. Jaume, where civic leaders have run the city since Roman times
- Enjoy educational lectures on Antoni Gaudí and discuss how the eccentric Catalán architect shaped the city of Barcelona with his abstract structures and vibrantly colored tiles
- Hop on the Metro and visit the modernist, surreal Casa Batlló, a fascinating example of Gaudí’s art nouveau style, along Barcelona’s most stylish boulevard, Passeig de Gràcia
- Visit Montserrat, a ninth-century Benedictine monastery built near dramatic sandstone mountains. Continue to the Penedès wine region, which is best known for producing cava, a sparkling wine
- Follow in Pablo Picasso’s footsteps as you explore Barcelona, which greatly influenced the artist during his formative years—El Born; Santa Maria del Mar; La Boqueria Market
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 7 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $2,795, based on double occupancy, if booked by May 16, 2017
- Single Supplement: $695 per person
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to AHI Travel
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.