Join Smith Travel for a once-in-a-lifetime train trip across Canada. In a small-group limited to 26 guests, journey from the Pacific Northwest through the Canadian Rockies, across the expanse of five provinces and into Toronto. Discover the majestic beauty of Canada on a nostalgic rail journey that brings back the golden age of train travel. Enjoy upgraded Prestige Class premium accommodations aboard VIA Rail’s The Canadian, providing the perfect combination of modern and elegant cabins, private concierge service, delightful meals prepared by onboard chefs, all-inclusive bar service, and observation cars that allow for unobstructed viewing of Canada’s great wilderness. This is what travel was meant to be—and it’s a unique opportunity to get to know the beauty and history of the United States’ northern neighbor.
Download the full trip brochure
- Venture out to capture the sights and sounds of this bustling metropolis city of Vancouver before embarking on VIA Rail’s The Canadian
- Enjoy the serenity of travel by rail as you spend three full days unplugged from the outside world surrounded by the beauty of the Canadian wilderness
- Admire the vastness and diversity of Canada—starting in Vancouver, traversing across five provinces (including expansive prairies and the Canadian Rockies)—and ending in Toronto
- Take in the scenes of boundless prairies as the train continues through Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, to Winnipeg, Manitoba, at the confluence of the Red and Assiniboine Rivers
- Savor the best in Canadian cuisine with a selection of local and regional specialties prepared by onboard chefs and served on the dining car’s elegant china
- Experience the thundering beauty and power of Niagara Falls up close, with the mist on your face and your skilled captain at the helm
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 7 Days
- Activity Level: Easy. Guests should be comfortable boarding and disembarking trains without assistance, walking and moving between cars while the train is in motion and navigating steep, narrow stairs to the upper level of the observation car. All hallways are narrow and have handrails, but train travel can be unpredictable and some unexpected movement may occur. At brief train stop locations, ground may be uneven and covered in loose gravel, with no sidewalks.
- Cost: From $5,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $4,000 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $850 per person, payable to Orbridge LLC
- Co-Sponsors: University of Rochester
- Optional Extensions: An optional three-day pre-tour extension to Victoria is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.