Experience the cultural rebirth of the Baltic states, the magnificent imperial riches of St. Petersburg and the luminous “White Nights of Summer” on this remarkable six-country, eight-night Baltic Sea cruise. Enjoy a rare opportunity to hear enriching presentations by former President of Poland Lech Wałęsa and noted author and scholar Sergei N. Khrushchev, son of Nikita Khrushchev, former Premier of the U.S.S.R. Cruise the Baltic Sea aboard the exclusively chartered Five-Star M.S. Le Boréal, carrying only 110 passengers from Copenhagen, Denmark, to Stockholm, Sweden, with an excursion included in every port. Immerse yourself in the cultural renaissance of Gdańsk Poland; revel in the medieval charms of Tallinn, Estonia, and Visby, Sweden, both UNESCO World Heritage sites; and discover the stunning architecture of cosmopolitan Helsinki, Finland. Enjoy two days exploring regal St. Petersburg, including a specially arranged early entry into the world-acclaimed State Hermitage Museum, a visit to Peter and Paul Fortress and an excursion to Catherine’s Palace and Petrodvorets, two UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Download the full trip brochure
- Appreciate a rare private opportunity to hear from Lech Wałęsa, former President of Poland and Leader of Poland’s Solidarity Movement and Sergei Khrushchev, son of Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev, noted author and award-winning scholar
- Visit seven UNESCO World Heritage sites including Tallinn’s historic and medieval quarters; State Hermitage Museum; St. Petersburg city tour featuring a visit to the Peter and Paul Fortress; Peter the Great’s Petrodvorets and Catherine the Great’s palace in Pushkin; the old fortifications of Helsinki; historic former Hanseatic city of Visby on the island of Gotland
- Enjoy an optional Russian folklore show in the Nikolaevsky Art Center
Smith Faculty SpeakerJustin Cammy, associate professor of Jewish Studies and of Comparative Literature
- Duration: 10 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From approximately $5,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: To be confirmed
- Deposit: $800 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
- Co-Sponsors: Various institutions
- Optional Extensions: A five-night pre-program extension to Norway and a two-night post-tour program extension to Stockholm are available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.