Be among a privileged few to participate in a uniquely designed itinerary featuring three nights in the spirited, soulful capital city of Havana followed by a six-night cruise to Santiago de Cuba. This extraordinary opportunity lets visitors traverse the entire breadth of Cuba aboard the exclusively chartered, three-masted M.Y. Le Ponant, featuring only 32 deluxe staterooms. Each of the day’s events involves significant exchanges with Cubans from diverse backgrounds who can openly share their experiences during this historic reshaping of the relationship between Cuba and the United States. Immerse yourself in a comprehensive and intimate travel experience that explores the history, culture, art, language, cuisine and rhythms of daily Cuban life while interacting with musicians, artists, farmers, academics and architects.
Please click here for more activity level details.
Download the full trip brochure
- Experience the eclectic diversity of Cuba through cultural exchanges, including an informative walk with an architectural restoration scholar in Old Havana, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Visit colonial Trinidad, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and Santiago de Cuba, a charming, rarely visited old-world town
- Meet a tobacco farmer in the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Viñales Valley, open only for tours with educational itineraries
- Savor flavorful French-inspired cuisine and Cuban specialties
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 10 days
- Activity Level: Very active and sometimes challenging conditions; See above for more details.
- Cost: From $6,995* per person, based on double occupancy, plus air. *Early Booking Discount rate expires June 20, 2017. Add $1,000 per person for reservations made after June 20, 2017.
- Single Supplement: From $5,500* per person (limited availability); *Early Booking Discount rate expires June 20, 2017. Add $1,000 per person for reservations made after June 20, 2017.
- Deposit: $800 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.