The awesome forces of nature are on full display in Alaska—mountains eroded by massive glaciers, icebergs crowding aquamarine seas, the cycles of plants and animals compressed into the scant weeks of an exuberant arctic summer. Spend eight days navigating the waterways of the Inside Passage aboard the 66-passenger Admiralty Dream and witness wildlife up close as you embark on kayaks and skiffs. Learn about Alaska’s culture through a traditional Tlingit dance performance, its natural landscape through current icefield research at the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center, and about its industry through a visit to a salmon hatchery. With two skilled Orbridge expedition leaders by your side, encounter Alaska’s abundant wildlife, magnificent peaks and fjords, and ice-blue glaciers of unfathomable proportions, all while delving in to the traditions of Alaska’s ancient cultures.
Download the full trip brochure
- See the spray of whales only yards away and venture into secluded inlets as you get up close to nature
- Learn surprising details about animal behavior, glacier activity and the wealth of natural spectacles along Alaska's protected waters
- Enter the pristine waters of Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve joined by a park ranger as you view magical fjords, tidewater glaciers and snow-capped mountains
Smith Faculty SpeakerAndrew Guswa, director of engineering and the Center for the Environment
- Duration: 8 days
- Activity Level: Easy
- Cost: From $2,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: From $4,499 per person, limited availability
- Deposit: $850 per person, payable to Orbridge
- Optional Extensions: A pre-tour extension to Denali National Park is available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.