Join us on a 14-day journey featuring a nine-night exclusively chartered cruise to Antarctica, Earth’s last frontier. Cruise aboard the intimate Le Boréal, one of the finest vessels in Antarctic waters. Experience “The White Continent” in its unspoiled state—fantastically shaped icebergs, turquoise glaciers, bustling penguin rookeries and breaching whales. Accompanied by the ship’s expert expedition team of naturalists, board sturdy Zodiac watercraft for excursions ashore and observe the playful antics of this region’s abundant wildlife.
Download the full trip brochure
- Spend two nights in Buenos Aires, including a tour of Argentina’s vibrant capital city
- Cruise for nine nights round-trip beginning in Ushuaia, Argentina and cruising to Antarctica’s Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Lemaire Channel, Neko Harbor, Paradise Bay, Deception Island and Half Moon Island, weather, ice and sea conditions permitting
- Learn from an onboard expedition team of naturalists who will provide a series of lectures about local wildlife and topography
- Maximize wildlife sightings on a small ship with the flexibility to adjust course spontaneously.
- Shore excursions to explore Antarctica’s diverse wildlife habitats, including major penguin rookeries.
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 14 days
- Activity Level: Very active; while ashore in Antarctica, the terrain is rugged, and therefore, a fair amount of walking on uneven and/or slippery terrain is to be expected. This is an expedition-type cruise involving shore landings by Zodiac inflatable landing crafts. Passengers must be able to negotiate a steep gangway and get in and out of the Zodiac inflatable landing crafts with minimal assistance.
- Cost: From $10,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: From $9,300 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $800 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
- Co-Sponsors: Brown, Harvard, University of Kansas, Kansas State, University of Mississippi, National Trust, Notre Dame, Smithsonian Journeys and UCLA
- Optional Extensions: A three-night post-tour extension to Iguazú Falls is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.