No other river evokes such mystery as the Danube, which twists and turns through ancient towns, medieval villages, past gorgeous churches and ruins from another time. Flowing through much of Eastern Europe, the Danube is steeped in thousands of years of history. Known since medieval times as a major thoroughfare for trade and commerce, it also was a frontier of the Roman and Byzantine empires, and in both ancient and modern times it’s been an inspiration to artists, writers and composers.
We invite you to join us on a cultural journey to explore elegant Eastern European cities and Old World towns along the storied Danube River. We’ll spend two nights in Sofia, Bulgaria, before embarking on our cruise in Vidin. As we travel the Danube, we’ll stop to visit historic abbeys, admire centuries of architectural flair and wander through regal palaces.
Download the full trip brochure
- Explore the timeless cities of Sofia, Bulgaria, and Prague, Czech Republic
- See Old World capitals, medieval castles and churches, storybook villages and beautiful Danube River landscapes
- Discover the flavors of the region during a wine tasting
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be determined
- Duration: 16 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $4,595 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: None
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to AHI International
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.