Join this exclusively chartered, seven-night journey as you revel in the beauty of France and gain a unique perspective on the country’s history, traveling from Paris to Honfleur. In Paris, discover the Cathedral of Notre-Dame, the Latin Quarter and the Left Bank. An evening illumination cruise is a prime way to see the City of Light, admiring its architecture and landmarks as you float under the graceful arches of charming bridges, including Pont-Neuf. Tour France’s grandest palace, Versailles, visit Monet’s studio in Giverny, and delve into Norman history and culture as you tour two of the region’s castles. In Honfleur’s center, a town that has inspired artists, writers and musicians for centuries, invoke the spirit of explorers such as Samuel de Champlain as they launched their voyages. On this 75th anniversary of D-Day, visit the D-Day beaches and the Caen Memorial. Best of all, tailor your journey to your own interests by choosing from a selection of included excursions that range from a culinary trek through Paris to a castle tour to cycling and more! A series of informative lectures add historical and cultural context to your experience. There is no supplement for single travelers!
Download the full trip brochure
- Contemplate the bravery of the Allied landing forces as you walk along the beaches of Normandy and visit the Normandy American Cemetery
- Explore the impact of World War II at the Caen Memorial Museum
- Immerse yourself in French and global history with expert-led enrichment programs
- Visit a farm to sip Calvados, the region’s celebrated cider brandy
- Savor refined French cuisine and delight in the convivial ambience of the 106-passenger M.S. Renoir
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 9 Days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $3,745 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: Waived
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to AHI Travel
- Co-Sponsors: Brown University
- Optional Extensions: An optional three-day pre-tour extension to Paris is available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.