Join Rebecca Worsham, assistant professor in the department of Classical Languages and Literatures at Smith, on a 10-day family adventure exploring the rich archaeological history of the Greece. Known as the “Cradle of Western Civilization,” Greece is one of the best destinations for exploration-based learning and adventure. Begin in Athens, where an overland journey takes us across the Corinth Canal to the ancient site of Nemea and to the colorful seaport town of Nafplio. Then, set sail for a seven-night cruise around the stunning, sun-drenched coast of the Peloponnese Peninsula aboard the modern, privately chartered 18-cabin, three-masted sailing yacht, Running on Waves. Take a boat ride through the gleaming stalagmites and stalactites in the Diros Caves, and float in the pristine blue waters surrounding the Mani Peninsula. Enjoy the enticing blend of diverse cultural influences, natural beauty, and archaeological treasures that Ancient Greece offers. Space is limited on this unique family program, so we recommend that you reserve your space soon.
Download the full trip brochure
- Delve into treasures of antiquity at Epidaurus, the bygone citadel of Mycenae, and medieval fortress town of Monemvasia
- Race on the track at the original Olympic Games site at ancient Olympia
- Learn the mysteries of mystical Delphi, and cruise through the Corinth Canal back to Athens
- Enrich young travelers’ experience through educational adventures
Smith Faculty SpeakerRebecca Worsham, assistant professor in Classical Languages and Literatures
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 10 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $6,995 per person, based on double occupancy; See brochure for triple occupancy rates
- Single Supplement: From $5,200 per person
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to Criterion Travel
- Co-Sponsors: MIT
- Optional Extensions: An optional four-day pre-tour extension to Athens is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.