Join us on this "Uniquely Smith" program which focuses on the art treasures found in beautiful Tuscany, one of the most important areas of artistic creativity in Italy, and the birthplace of the Renaissance. This program has many wonderful parts, which, when put together, will provide an excellent understanding of the region of Tuscany, from the ancient Etruscan period to the full flowering of the Renaissance during the Quattrocento in Florence.
Download the full trip brochure
- Immerse yourself in some of the most famous works of art and architecture in Western art, and view works by artists from Donatello to Michelangelo
- Enjoy a private tour of the Baptistry, and view the late 13th century ceiling mosaics of the Last Judgement by Coppo di Marcovaldo
- Stay six nights in Florence at the Hotel Helvetia and Bristol, where travelers from Stravinsky to the Danish royal family have stayed
Smith Faculty SpeakerCraig Felton, Professor of Art
- Duration: 12 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $5,950 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,025 per person
- Deposit: $750 per person, payable to Smith College
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.