Download the full trip brochure
- Explore Palenque, a UNESCO World Heritage site featuring remarkable ancient Maya kingdoms.
- Journey into the remote village of Lacanjá and hear from an elder about the traditions of one of the original surviving Maya groups who uphold ancient traditions.
- Learn about the harvesting of cacao and the production of chocolate, complete with a tasting.
- Experience the grandeur of Spanish colonial architecture during visits to plazas, convents and buildings in San Cristóbal de las Casas.
Smith Faculty SpeakerDonald Joralemon, professor of anthropology, and Phoebe Porter, lecturer in Spanish and Portuguese
- Duration: 7 days
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Cost: $3,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $795 per person
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to International Seminar Design Inc.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.