From your first destination in Paris, take the TVG high-speed train to Strasbourg, where you will board the elegant, 88-passenger River Cloud II and continue your journey at a much more relaxed pace. Sail on to Prague via Nuremberg—a European cultural leader since the fall of the Iron Curtain. Along the way discover villages perched along winding rivers, hillside vineyards and UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the Banks of the Seine in Paris and Speyer Cathedral and Upper Middle Rhine Valley in Germany. See the sights in the bustling cities of Strasbourg, Bamberg and Prague. Meet with local leaders in Strasbourg, the official seat of the European Parliament, and, in Nuremburg, take a private tour of the courthouse, site of World War II war crimes trials.
Download the full trip brochure
- The intimate River Cloud II, with complementary bicycles for shore explorations and a custom Steinway piano
- Farewell dinner and folk dancing at a private palace in Prague
- Private musical performances, including a children’s choir in Würzburg, the Bamberg String Quartet and a recital on the world-famous Amorbach Baroque organ
Smith Faculty SpeakerMlada Bukovansky, professor of government
- Duration: 14 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $8,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: From $4,500 per person
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to Criterion Travel
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.