Download the full trip brochure
- Cruise the Tyrrhenian, Ligurian and Mediterranean Seas
- Choose between a full-day excursion to Florence, a UNESCO World Heritage site, featuring the octagonal Baptistery and a visit to the Accademia, or a full day excursion to the Tuscan cities of Pisa, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and Lucca
- Spend an evening at leisure in the picturesque Italian Riviera village of Portofino
- Take a walking tour of Aix-en-Provence, featuring the Mazarin District, Old Aix, the Old Town Hall, the famous Cours Mirabeau and St. Sauveur Cathedral
- Tour the monumental Basilica of Saints Nazarius and Celsus, and the impressive Musée des Beaux Arts in Carcassonne
- Enjoy a visit to the Romanesque 12th-century Abbaye de Fontfroide in the Corbières Mountains
SpeakersVarious guest lecturers
- Duration: 8 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active; Many of the cities and towns being visited were founded centuries ago, and the terrain is rugged. Therefore, a fair amount of walking along narrow cobblestone streets, stone floors or uneven and/or slippery terrain and climbing several flights of stairs (some without railings) is to be expected. Walking excursions often cover distances of at least one mile/1.6 km and are approximately three hours in length.
- Cost: From $4,795 per person, based on double occupancy. Reserve by May 25, 2018 to receive an early booking discount of $1,000 per person.
- Single Supplement: From $5,000 per person. Limited availability.
- Deposit: $800 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company.
- Co-Sponsors: Harvard, National Trust for Historic Preservation, and Smithsonian.
- Optional Extensions: A pre-tour extension to Rome and a post-tour extension to Barcelona are available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.