Robert Burns once said, “My heart’s in the Highlands,” and as you travel from city to country, mainland to island on this charming journey through Scotland, you will come to agree with him. Encounter stunning natural beauty and welcoming clans in your intimate party of no more than 24 travelers as you go from loch to loch and glen to glen. This twelve-day journey begins in Glasgow, Scotland’s largest city, with a tour that emphasizes the city’s unique architecture. While there, take a privately-guided tour of Pollok House, once the Maxwell clan’s ancestral home and now a museum housing the United Kingdom’s greatest collection of Spanish art. Then, set out for an adventure in the scenic Highlands. The first stop will be by the bonnie banks of storied Loch Lomond. Upon arrival in The Trossachs National Park, pause to take a brief cruise around the island-dotted loch and admire the incredible view. To follow is the dramatic Glencoe, one of Scotland’s most famed and beautiful spots. Spend the entire next day touring the stunning Isle of Skye. A trip to Scotland would not be complete without a visit to the Loch Ness—the second largest Scottish loch after Loch Lomond. Any travelers interested in the legendary monster will want to keep their eyes out for her! Visit lakeside Urquhart Castle’s evocative ruins before continuing on to Culloden Moor’s hallowed ground, the site of the last battle of the Jacobite Rising in 1764. There is a stop in the famous Saint Andrews, home of Scotland’s oldest university and the notable birthplace of golf. Your journey will end in stately Edinburgh with touring to include Edinburgh Castle and Holyrood, where British royalty schemed and slept in the State Apartments.
Download the full trip brochure
- Appreciate a pleasant mix of guided touring and leisure time for independent relaxation or exploration all throughout this well-paced journey
- Enjoy a special performance by the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo, a display of armed forces which brings together international performers and spectators in a fanciful and precise show
- Spend time exploring the gorgeous Highlands scenery including Loch Lomond, the Trossachs National Park, Glencoe, and the fabled Loch Ness
- Immerse yourself in the medieval history of St. Andrews, and enjoy the charming and historical university town where golf was reportedly invented
Smith Faculty SpeakerCraig Davis, professor of English Language & Literature and of Comparative Literature
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 12 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $5,578 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,495 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited, Inc.
- On-tour Air: Round-trip air is included from Newark, prices for other departures are available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.