Sri Lanka, an island nation off the southern tip of India is a tapestry of cultures. Saffron-robed monks traversing across courtyards, stark white temples, Hindu priests chanting beneath rainbow-colored towers, Colonial European architecture, lush green tea estates in the hill country, rice paddies, beaches, ancient ruins. Smell and taste the cacophony of spiced curries, incense and temple flowers. Listen for the call of a monkey, the song of a bird, schoolyards full of children scampering towards sari-clad mothers. Pamper yourself with an Ayurvedic massage to warm the muscles. Take in the hilltop breezes cooling the senses and take drives through the country, filling the eyes with vibrant colors and scenes of colorful everyday life.
Download the full trip brochure
- Visit eight UNESCO World Heritage sites in a tiny land mass
- Enjoy a tea tasting featuring some of Sri Lanka’s finest teas
- Visit ancient Buddhist monasteries and Hindu temples including the Temple of the Tooth Relic
- Enjoy an adventure to Yala National Park to observe the endangered leopard, bear, elephant and water buffalo
- Make time to experience the endless miles of exquisite tropical beaches
SpeakersNalini Bhushan, professor of philosophy, Smith College; Bryn Mawr College and Vassar College faculty
View Speakers Profiles
- Duration: 16 days
- Activity Level: Easy to moderate. Travelers need to be able to climb steps to monuments and able to walk on unpaved pathways. Every effort will be made to assist the guests however accessibility can sometimes be a problem in Sri Lanka for those with severe mobility issues who require wheelchairs or permanent mobility aids.
- Cost: $5,295 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,350 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $850 per person, payable to Immersion Journeys
- On-tour Air: Bryn Mawr Travel and The Vassar Travel Program
- Co-Sponsors: A six-day post-tour extension to the Golden Triangle & Taj Mahal or South India: Tamil Nadu, or a five-day post tour extension to The Backwaters of Kerala are available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.