Few areas of the world offer more diversity for exploration, adventure, and relaxation than Central America’s Caribbean coast. Here, you can swim and snorkel in the crystal-clear waters off Belize’s Barrier Reef, glimpsing the brightly colored fish and sea creatures that inhabit one of the largest marine systems in the world. You can spot rare plants, flowers, birds, and wildlife as you hike the nature trails within Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary. And when you travel deep within Belize’s and Mexico’s tropical forests, you can explore the seldom-visited Maya sites of Quirigua, Lubaantun, Altun Ha, Kohunlich, and picturesque Tulum—with ruins set spectacularly atop 39-foot cliffs overlooking deep turquoise waters. Your home for this voyage of discovery is the Yorktown, a small and intimate ship that is able to visit these unspoiled, out-of-the-way bays, islands, coral reefs, and villages that are not accessible to passengers on mega-cruise liners.
Download the full trip brochure
- Expert study leaders will join you onboard to present a program of lectures and discussions, adding valuable insights into the legacy of the Maya and the natural history of the region
- Enjoy the Basin Wildlife Sanctuary, a dense tropical rain forest set against the peaks of the Maya Mountains
- Swim and snorkel in the crystal-clear waters off Belize’s Barrier Reef
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be determined
- Duration: 8 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $1,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: None
- Deposit: $750 per person, payable to Travel Dynamics International
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.