Come celebrate the beauty of Holland and Belgium during the fragrant, flowery springtime, the best season for a comprehensive itinerary aboard the exclusively chartered M.S. Amadeus Elegant, featuring stylishly appointed suites and staterooms, most with a balcony. Cruise the canals, stopping in lively Amsterdam, the medieval cities of Bruges and Antwerp, and the charming and historic towns of Nijmegen, Hoorn and Giethoorn. Expert, local guides are on hand to discuss the historic, cultural, and contemporary highlights of each stop. A Brussels pre-cruise option and Amsterdam post-cruise option are available.
Download the full trip brochure
- Explore the world-famous artistic heritage of the Kröller-Müller Museum and the wonders of the Keukenhof Gardens
- Sample handmade Belgian chocolates in the fairytale city of Bruges
- Discover the four miles of canals and 150 bridges of Giethoorn, known as the “Venice of the Netherlands”
- Set out on a city tour of Antwerp, where you’ll visit the Cathedral of Our Lady and see three of Rubens’ masterpieces
Smith Faculty SpeakerJanie Vanpée, professor of French Studies
- Duration: 9 days
- Activity Level: Moderately Active. Many of the cities and towns being visited were founded centuries ago, and the terrain is rugged. Therefore, a fair amount of walking along narrow cobblestone streets, stone floors or uneven and/or slippery terrain and climbing several flights of stairs (some without railings) is to be expected. Walking excursion often cover distances of at least one mile/1.6 km and are approximately three (3) hours in length.
- Cost: From $2,995 per person, based on double occupancy. *An early booking discount is in effect for reservations made by September 10, 2015.
- Single Supplement: $3,000 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
- Co-Sponsors: The MIT Alumni Association, Bryn Mawr Travel, and Smithsonian Journeys
- Optional Extensions: A pre-tour extension to Brussels and a post-tour extension to Amsterdam are available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.