Welcome to our Smith ’69 website!
We hope it will provide an effective way for members of the Smith College Class of 1969 to keep in touch with each other. This site is your place to find up-to-date information on classmates (including current email addresses), reunions, giving to Smith and much more. Click on any of the links above and come on in!
55th Reunion is Coming!
After celebrating “Our Odysseys” for our 50th, we will be “Embracing Our Futures” leading up to our 55th Reunion: May 24-26, 2024.
There will be multiple opportunities to share and explore pathways of creative energy, empowerment, and inner strength in body, mind, and spirit as we journey ahead. Among them: a reunion issue of the Grécourt Review (Smith students’ literary review from 1957-1997), a digital addendum to our Class Book, a class-wide collaborative Renga, and a program survey in connection with our over-arching reunion theme of well-being (click here to take the survey before April 15 so the program will reflect your opinions!).
You can help!
We are eager to have you join us in this adventure! We especially welcome volunteers to help with these aspects of Reunion:
- greeting classmates at our on-campus Class Reunion Headquarters,
- planning for the Parade,
- organizing an informal pre-reunion get-together via zoom or in person. (We call these get-togethers “Reconnects” and you can see what’s happening by selecting “Reconnects” from the menu at the top of this page!),
- proof-reading submissions to the Addendum or the Grécourt Review,
- assisting the program committee and
- sharing your ideas about how we can make our 55th truly memorable. We’d especially like to know what events/activities at previous reunions were especially memorable for you.
Reach out through our reunion email account with your input, questions or offers to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your hard-working 55th Reunion Co-Chairs are Rosa Leader Smith, Marcia Schenk Steckler, and Dabney Waters Schmitt
50th Reunion Classbook is now available in e-format!
Hard to believe that our 55th Reunion year is 2024! Start getting ready by taking another look at the fabulous 50th Reunion Classbook. Click here to visit; you will be asked to enter your password.
We love staying in touch with each of you so welcome again!
Because of privacy concerns, many pages on our site require a password. This will prevent search engines and unwanted people from accessing our information. When you click on a secure page you will be prompted for a password. The password, in all lower case, has previously been sent to members of the class via e-mail and class newsletters. Here’s a hint: “our class color” (lower case) … If you need help accessing the site, e-mail the webmistress.