Smith College Needs YOU – The Alumnae — to Help With Admissions
GET INVOLVED WITH ADMISSIONS: Contact our Admissions Liaison Laura Smith. Alumnae Admissions activities:
- Attend college fairs at local high schools and introduce Smith to seniors and their families.
- Contact high school guidance counselors and encourage them to introduce Smith College to their best high school seniors
- Contact students who have asked the College for informative materials and speak about Smith in an open, engaging way.
- Encourage qualified seniors and transfer students to apply to Smith and, in spring, encourage the accepted students to enroll.
- Conduct alumnae interviews. Though no longer required by the College, alumnae interviews provide depth in a student’s application and can be very influential in close decisions.
- Assist with Smith Book Awards program and attend high school spring assemblies to make the presentation on behalf of the BSCC to promising junior students
- Attend a sendoff event for new and returning Smith students in late summer.
The BSCC presents Smith book awards to promising high school juniors (top 10% of the class). The student receives:
- A book with certificate and book plate
- The application fee to Smith is waived
Awards are presented in the spring. Please contact Laura Smith for more information about helping to contact schools, presenting awards, funding awards, or getting your local high school involved.