We welcome suggestions for mini reunions at any time between reunion years.If you have ideas for one and care to organize it but need some additional help, you can contact your class officers for assistance. Also, if you’ve run one (even if it’s just with a handful of classmates) please let VP/Reunion Chairs Barbara Quilty and Lizz Cooper-Martin know.
Smith Class of 1975 Mini Reunion on Martha’s Vineyard
October 12 – October 15, 2017
What a fabulous weekend!!
It was magical – – certainly worth the less than straightforward travel logistics in getting there.
Warm thanks, too, to Lloyd Lewis Eagan for opening her family’s home to us for cocktails and to Abby Lewis Bates for helping to lead one of the tours of the island.
There were many lovely events planned throughout the weekend – with time to catch up with old friends, reconnect with classmates, and make new friends.
- Thursday night dinner at Ocean View Restaurant
- Farm Tour and Cooking Lessons/Demonstrations with Catherine Walthers – a private chef and cookbook author whose books are beautifully punctuated with pictures of menu items by Alison Shaw
- A tour of Polly Hill Arboretum
- An Up-island tour cleverly orchestrated with classmates/residents of MV each in their own “lead car” providing commentary about the sites along the drive cell phone to cell phone in the cars assigned to follow
- A catered Friday night class dinner at the historic Grange
- A visit to Alison Shaw’s gallery – with presentation by our classmate/owner
- A rain Cape Pogue tour
- A 2020 reunion planning meeting
- Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres at Lloyd Lewis Eagan’s family’s home
- Saturday night pizza party
- Sunday Brunch and stroll in Edgartown.
- It was a lovely gathering allowing for a warm bonding experience. We had a great turn-out – with about 50 classmates in attendance – ‘though, of course, those of you who did not attend were certainly missed.
Follow this link to see more shots from the week end on a password protected page accessible only to our classmates.
So, what’s the password? Here’s your hint: a noun which was the name of the bookstore which was on Green Street during our years at Smith. If you don’t remember, contact the web administrator.